Serving the Washington Thoroughbred Industry for over 65 years
WTBA Summer Yearling Sale Results
The Washington Thoroughbred Breeders Associations annual summer yearling sale was held today at the Morris J. Alhadeff Sale Pavilion located at Emerald Downs in Auburn.
Of the 179 yearlings cataloged for sale, 165 horses went through the sales ring with 99 finding new owners. Topping the one day sale was the full brother to 2007 Longacres Mile (G3) winner and Washington horse of the year The Great Face. The Cahill RoadIrish Toast colt, who is also a half-brother to 2009 Governors Handicap winner Atta Boy Roy, was bred and consigned by Patricia Murphy and her partners Rick and Debbie Pabsts Blue Ribbon Farm. Jill and Dave Heerensperger of Bellevue purchased the saletopper for $60,000.
The second highest priced individual was a colt by Roar out of Home School offered by Char Clark Thoroughbreds as agent. The half-brother to 2005 Washington champion two-year-old Schoolin You was purchased for $42,000 by Jim Hour of Sea-Tac.
John and Janene Maryanski of Auburn purchased the third and fourth highest selling yearlings: a colt by Good Reward from the consignment of the Pabsts Blue Ribbon Farm for $33,000 and a colt from the first crop of Rockport Harbor sold by Northwest Farms LLC, as agent, for $30,000.
The highest selling filly was Hip 13, a half-sister to Grade 2 stakes winner Celtic Dreamin sired by Delineator. Bred and sold by Petra Lewins Rainbow Meadows Farm, the dark bay miss was purchased by Emerald Downs President Ron Crockett for $22,000.
Overall, the sales statistics were considerably down from 2008 figures as the average dropped from $11,466 to $8,320 (down 27.4%), the gross fell from $1,261,300 to $848,600 (down 32.7%) and the median fell to $4,500 from the previous years $6,500 (down 30.8%). Sixty-four yearlings were RNAs (reserve not attained), compared to 89 last year when 215 yearlings were cataloged.
Hip. Sex, Sire—Dam, Consignor, Buyer, Price
91. C, Cahill RoadIrish Toast, Blue Ribbon Farm (Pabst/Murphy), Jill & Dave Heerensperger, $60,000
89. C, RoarHome School, Char Clark TBs, Agt., Jim Hour, $42,000
70. C, Good RewardCoasting Home, Blue Ribbon Farm (Pabst), John & Janene Maryanski, $33,000
172. C, Rockport HarborSilent Echo, Northwest Farms LLC, Agt., John & Janene Maryanski, $30,000
162. C, Broken VowMybrowneyedgal, Castlegate Farm (Hopp), Don M. Hopwood, $26,500
72. C, Cahill RoadDanza Regio, Halvorson Bloodstock, Agt., Jody Peetz, $26,000
117. C, YonaguskaMis Vietoria, El Dorado Farms (Hagen), Ron Crockett, Inc., $25,000
15. C, Chapel RoyalBlazed Star, Halvorson Bloodstock, Agt., North American Horse Co., $20,000
Copyright © Washington Thoroughbred Breeders Association. All rights reserved.